Also called ridesharing or vanpooling, it’s is an easy and economical way to commute to work. Carpooling and vanpooling let you access the HOV lane and toll booths for faster travel while reducing GHG emissions. Save money sharing gas and parking costs. Work, read or nap while traveling to/from work.
Find Carpool Matches
- Ride Amigos finds carpools in your area through the GoSonoma platform.
- After you register, join the Merge network to expand your matches for carpools, vanpools, or bikepools to the entire region and participate in programs offered by partner agencies.
- Are you a Highway 37 Commuter? Sign up now and receive your first $25 reward! Find out more about this pilot program at Commute37.com.
- Scoop automatically matches rides and generates your trip itinerary. Enter your trip information by 9 p.m. the night before your morning commute, and 3:30 p.m. for your afternoon commute.
- Waze Carpool users can create carpools by selecting from available drivers. Waze provides carpool route matches, scheduling, and seamless payment from rider to driver.
Find or Start a Vanpool
- Bay Area Vanpool has more information on how to find vanpool seats, start a vanpool and how you can keep vanpools on the road. Commute with Enterprise encourages the use of vanpools, through a monthly $350 subsidy, discounted parking permits and free bridge tolls.