All passengers ages 18 and under can now use Sonoma County Transit, Santa Rosa CityBus, and Petaluma Transit fare-free! Use local transit for trips to school, visit friends, go shopping—you decide!
This new program is funded by Sonoma County’s Climate Resilience program through June 2025.
Public transit is a great way to save money, avoid stress from traffic and parking, and help the environment while you commute to work, school, or other outings. Sonoma County enjoys train and bus service for trips within and between cities.
Map Your Route
Find out which transit services and routes best fit your trip.
- Transit App shows upcoming departures in real time for transit lines near you and can help plan your route
- Google Transit has a user-friendly option to get directions and plan transit trips
- Transit operator websites have additional tools to map your route Golden Gate Transit | Petaluma Transit | Santa Rosa City Bus | Sonoma County Transit | SMART
Fares and Payment Options
Check each transit agency’s website for details on their fares and passes. Discounted fares are available for students, seniors, persons with disabilities, and now for income-qualified residents through the Clipper START program. Monthly, annual, or summer passes can help frequent riders save money.
- Clipper® is a universal transit fare payment card and is accepted on all public transit service in the Bay Area. Clipper® Cards can be purchased online and pre-loaded with cash or monthly transit passes. Clipper® will automatically calculate transfer credits.
- Clipper® is now available on Your Phone through Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Now Clipper® Cards can be used to pay for BikeLink bike lockers. Link the two accounts here.
- Remember to tag on and tag off when using the Clipper Card on SMART, Sonoma County Transit, and Golden Gate Transit so that you don’t get charged for the maximum zone fare.
- eTickets and ePasses are currently available for SMART and Sonoma County Transit. Check operator websites for more details.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits allow employees to pay for transit with pre-tax income. Check with your HR department.
Find your stop and arrival time
- Google Maps can help you determine the best way to get to your transit stop
- Real-Time Information can tell you when the next bus is arriving at your stop. Real-time information is available at select bus hubs and shelters, online, and through mobile apps like the Transit App.